Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kerre sent me this email...

Here is an email that Kerre sent me yesterday...Today is our 9th anniversery. Jack is such a great celebration!

Kerre Thorne to me
Jul 9 (1 day ago)

It is now 5:30 in the morning. Jackson woke up at 4:30. Normally, with your
help, I would have been asleep a good 30 min by now. Alone...no such luck.

Jack wakes up...I'm leaking
I have to pee like a race horse (I never have to pee right away when I
first get up anymore??)
I pee
Return to room
Jack is MAD!
I clumsily unwrap Jack
Search for flashlight
Once I get the bottle in his mouth he's ok
Feed 1/2 of bottle
Burp Jack (who's not satisfied)
Lay Jack down for a change (still not too happy w/ me)
Open diaper to Poop!
Clean Jack with the aid of the flashlight I'm glad I searched for
Decide not to press my luck ... so I don't turn around to throw diaper
away
Begin to rediaper...
PEE! ... not a little ... not on the pad ...
Jack's happy now! (very proud)
Finish diaper
... yeah he's dry (I don't have to search for a new onsie)
Strip bed (Jack's losing his happy)
There is a standing puddle on the mattress pad
Get towel from bathroom to sop up pee, cover with quilt
Feed Jack about 1/2 of what's left and decided to go ahead and
swaddle
Burp Jack
As I'm wrapping last arm ... SPIT!
He's soaked, his blanket is soaked
Unwrap JackUndress Jack
Turn blanket upside downReswaddle
Finish bottleRockSleeping baby... Whew
Still leaking (only on one side though)
Sit down ... Start pumping
No longer sleeping baby!
Stop pumping
Rock Jack
Now leaking on both sides
Once again... Sleeping baby ...Whew!
Pump
Store
Write this email!!

The good news, Jacks supply of milk in the fridge is finally
replenished.

Just wanted you to know how much I love and appreciate you and it was worth
the extra 10 min of sleeplessness it took to type this tell you how awesome you
are. I and Jack are so blessed to have you. Thank you for your help and
understanding and love. I'm proud of how hard you work for us and I know that we
(together) can do this parenting thing at least to par, but probably a lot
better than that! Even the scary parts.

I love you more than my luggage!! - Kerre (Kid)

4 comments:

  1. Good news: You outrank the luggage.
    Bad news: You now owe her big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us. We think you are parenting way above par! It made our hearts so happy to watch you with Jack tonight. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kerre's night time scenario...and I too believe you both will do a much better job than par with JAck. It is evident in the pics and the stories how much love you have for him....that is the BEST place to start as a parent!!

    ReplyDelete